It is software which automates the processes throughout the departments and organizations. And provides timely information. It includes following modules:
- Product Purchase Planning and Procurement
- Manufacturing and Product Delivery Planning
- Inventory Control and Product Management
- Shipping Control and Payments
- Supply Chain Management
- Marketing and Sales
- Customer Relationship Management
- Project Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Intelligence
Modern ERP software are a combination of web applications, mobile applications and desktop applications. Cloud based ERP’s are also picking up.
Implementing an ERP in an organization is a daunting task mostly because organizations tend to resist streamlining their business processes. That is why ERP implementations often fail.
ERP software often provides ways to extend or customize the application to make it a best fit for the organization. They provide some kind of API or proprietary programming language to extend the software.